The Spanish Central Government has modified the Housing Law, supported by ERC and Bildu, and this is generating some doubts in owners, tenants and investors that we at Asset Management Spain Gestmadrid come to resolve.
To do this, we will break down the keys in a summarized way and we make ourselves available to our clients to resolve any issues they may have, as well as any questions raised by new owners or investors, Spanish and foreign.
Also, as Advisors and Analysts, we will fulfill a role of restructuring contracts, properties and investment strategies, so that uncertainty affects the returns of the “large holders” or the more traditional owners to a lesser extent.
The highlights of this new Housing Law:
• Reduction of Large Holders from 1′ to 5 properties
• Limitations and price regulations for Large Holders
• Expansion of stressed areas
• Regulation of the rental price and disconnection from the CPI
• Change of commission payer to real estate agencies
• Expenses such as IBI or TRU will be assumed by the owners
• Tax on empty flats
Contact our team of experts to be able to advise you with our real estate analysts and lawyers regarding this new scenario.